Guangrenwang Temple, main hall 廣仁王廟正殿https://architecturasinica.org/place/000177
- King of Broad Benevolence main hall (English)
- 廣仁王廟正殿 (Traditional Chinese)
- 广仁王庙正殿 (Simplified Chinese)
- Guangrenwangmiao zhengdian (Pinyin)
- 五龍廟正殿 (Traditional Chinese)
- 五龙庙正殿 (Simplified Chinese)
- Wulongmiao (Pinyin)
- Lat. 34.73344722° Long. 110.677217°
The main hall was built in the fifth year of Tang Dahe reign period (831). The brick foundation of the hall is 1.5 meters high, five bays across the front facade, depth of four rafters, and has a single eaves hip gable roof. With a tingtang (廳堂) style structure, the structural frame is four rafters in depth using a 4-rafter-beam which connects to the two eaves pillars, which are round, straight pillars. The corner pillars are clearly taller than the central pillars and have an inward incline (shengqi 生起 and cejiao 側腳). Between the columns there are lan'e (闌額). There is no pupaifang (普拍枋). The pillar top bracket sets have two steps of huagong(華栱) that are touxinzao (偷心造). There is a panel door in the central bay of the front facade. The two subsidiary bays have prism-lattice windows—straight lattice whose slats are triangular in cross-section (pozi lingchuang 破子棂窗). There are two Tang dynasty and two Qing dynasty inscribed tablets (jie 碣) set into the walls of the front facade.1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 WILKINSON. 2000. Chinese History: A Manual, 12.
Contained in Place
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Tracy Miller, “Guangrenwang Temple, main hall 廣仁王廟正殿 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000177.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Guangrenwang Temple, main hall 廣仁王廟正殿
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Guangrenwang Temple, main hall 廣仁王廟正殿 ”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Tracy Miller
- adding citations Melanie Lu
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.