1. shrine; a memorial building for remembering, venerating, and/or worshiping spirits, such as nature spirits, ancestors, or those acknowledged for having made significant achievements; 2. the cultic sacrifice taking place in a shrine (Guo 2002, 27; Fu 2017, 351; Miller 2007, 32-33; Kroll 2017，online edition)2
1. 神社; 紀念、崇拜和/或祭祀神靈的紀念性建築，例如自然神靈、祖先或因取得重大成就而獲得認可的神靈；2. 在神社舉行的祭祀 (Guo 2002, 27; Fu 2017, 351; Miller 2007, 32-33; Kroll 2017, online edition)2
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 漢語大詞典編纂処. 2011. 漢語大詞典, accessed May 28, 2022.
- 2 GUO. 2002. A Visual Dictionary of Chinese Architecture, 27.; FU. 2017. Traditional Chinese Architecture: Twelve Essays, 351.; MILLER. 2007. The Divine Nature of Power: Chinese Ritual Architecture at the Sacred Site of Jinci, 32-33.; KROLL. 2016. A Student's Dictionary of Classical and Medieval Chinese, accessed May 27, 2022.
External relationships (3)
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Tracy Miller et al., “ 祠 cí.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000073.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 祠 cí
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- ZHUGE Jing 諸葛净, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- Tracy Miller and CHEN Zhuo 陈卓, entry contributors, “ 祠 cí”
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Tracy Miller
- Preliminary research CMW M22 CHEN Zhuo 陈卓
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.