Anchan Monastery, sutra preservation hall 安禪寺藏經殿https://architecturasinica.org/place/000124
- sutra preservation hall (English)
- 藏經殿 (Traditional Chinese)
- 藏经殿 (Simplified Chinese)
- cángjīngdiàn (Pinyin)
- ts'ang-ching-tien (Wade-Giles)
- Anchansi cangjingdian (English)
- 安禪寺藏經殿 (Traditional Chinese)
- 安禅寺藏经殿 (Simplified Chinese)
- zangjingdian (Pinyin)
- sutra repository (English)
- Lat. 37.42453333° Long. 112.5473333°
Building InformationThe sutra preservation hall or sutra repository (藏经殿) of Anchansi is built on a brick foundation. The front façade is 3-bays wide and the depth is 3-bays. The central bay is twice as wide as the side bays. It has a single eaves hip-gable roof, and the gray rooftiles are punctuated with a central diamond of yellow and green glazed tiles. Under the eaves are four layer bracket sets (puzuo) with a single huagong and a locust head style shuatou. There is one intercolumnar bracket set in the central bay. The entasis of the columns is clearly evident. The original system of woodwork/latticework is no longer extant.1
Dynasty Northern Song 960 - 1127 2
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 国家文物局. 2006. 中国文物地图集. 山西分册, III (xia): 762; 57-C1-1.
- 2 WILKINSON. 2000. Chinese History: A Manual, 12.
Contained in Place
How to Cite This Entry
Tracy Miller, “Anchan Monastery, sutra preservation hall 安禪寺藏經殿 ” in Architectura Sinica last modified May 18, 2021, https://architecturasinica.org/place/000124.
Bibliography:Tracy Miller, “Anchan Monastery, sutra preservation hall 安禪寺藏經殿 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000124.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Anchan Monastery, sutra preservation hall 安禪寺藏經殿
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Anchan Monastery, sutra preservation hall 安禪寺藏經殿 ”
- Data entry, editing and proof correction 2010, 2011, 2018, and 2021 by Tracy Miller
- Adding citations by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Initial translation 2010 by Lydia Ohl
- Edited 2011 by Cole Garrett
- Modified 2017 by WONG Pui See
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2018.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.