Jin Shrines, Gong Shuzi Shrine Complex 晉祠公輸子祠https://architecturasinica.org/place/000048u
- Gong Shuzi Shrine Complex (English)
- 公輸子祠 (Traditional Chinese)
- 公输子祠 (Simplified Chinese)
- Gōngshūzicí (Pinyin)
- Kung-shu-tzu-tz`u (Wade-Giles)
Gong Shuzi is the name of Lu Ban, the ancient craftsman, and a statue of him is worshiped in the main hall. The complex consists of a main hall of three bays, a surrounding wall, and an entry gateway. The original date of establishment is unknown and does not appear on Gao Ruxing’s Jinci zhitu. The statuary niche was repaired in the 8th year of the Yongzheng period (1730); the complex was repaired again in the 35th year of the Qianlong period (1770).1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 MILLER. 2007. The Divine Nature of Power: Chinese Ritual Architecture at the Sacred Site of Jinci, 194.
- 2 WILKINSON. 2000. Chinese History: A Manual, 12.
Contained in Place
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Tracy Miller, “Jin Shrines, Gong Shuzi Shrine Complex 晉祠公輸子祠 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published October 23, 2020. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000048u.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Jin Shrines, Gong Shuzi Shrine Complex 晉祠公輸子祠
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Jin Shrines, Gong Shuzi Shrine Complex 晉祠公輸子祠 ”
- Editing and proof correction Tracy Miller
- Data entry Liyan Shen
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.