- tan (Pinyin without tones)
- 壇 (Traditional Chinese)
- 坛 (Simplified Chinese)
- tán (Pinyin)1
- t'an (Wade-Giles)
altar; place for ritual sacrifices, usually a raised structure of pounded earth; building complex where the primary ritual structure is an altar (Guo 2002, 77; Fu 2017, 367; Kroll 2015, 441).2
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 陳. 2010. 《營造法式》辭解, 367.
- 2 GUO. 2002. A Visual Dictionary of Chinese Architecture, 77.; FU. 2017. Traditional Chinese Architecture: Twelve Essays, 367.; KROLL. 2015. A Student's Dictionary of Classical and Medieval Chinese, 441.
How to Cite This Entry
CMW S21, “ 壇 tán” in Architectura Sinica last modified May 27, 2021, https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000176.
Bibliography:CMW S21, “ 壇 tán.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published March 11, 2021. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000176.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 壇 tán
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- ZHUGE Jing 諸葛净, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- CMW S21, entry contributor, “ 壇 tán”
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Data entry, adding citations by Tracy Miller
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2021.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.