- ludou (Pinyin without tones)
- 櫨枓 (Traditional Chinese)
- 栌斗 (Simplified Chinese)
- lúdǒu (Pinyin)1
- lu-tou (Wade-Giles)
"cap block; largest bearing block in a bracket set, joined into the top of a pillar (Fu 2017, 361; Guo 2002, 56); literally: "smokebush" "bearing block" (Kroll 2015, 282, 91)2
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 陳. 2010. 《營造法式》辭解, 460.
- 2 FU. 2017. Traditional Chinese Architecture: Twelve Essays, 361.; GUO. 2002. A Visual Dictionary of Chinese Architecture, 56.; KROLL. 2015. A Student's Dictionary of Classical and Medieval Chinese, 282, 91.
Broad Match: bracketing
How to Cite This Entry
CMW S21, “ 櫨枓 lúdǒu” in Architectura Sinica last modified March 18, 2021, https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000158.
Bibliography:CMW S21, “ 櫨枓 lúdǒu.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published March 18, 2021. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000158.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 櫨枓 lúdǒu
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- ZHUGE Jing 諸葛净, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- CMW S21, entry contributor, “ 櫨枓 lúdǒu”
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Data entry, adding citations and gloss 2021 by HUANG Danni 黄聃婗
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2021.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.