- xiegong (Pinyin without tones)
- 斜栱 (Traditional Chinese)
- 斜栱 (Simplified Chinese)
- xiégǒng (Pinyin)
- hsieh-kung (Wade-Giles)
literally: "diagonal" "bracket arm" (Kroll 2015, 504, 135; Liang 2005, 62) bracket arm placed at an acute angle with respect to the building facade1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 KROLL. 2015. A Student's Dictionary of Classical and Medieval Chinese, 135,504.; LIANG. 2005. Chinese architecture: a pictorial history, 62.
Broad Match: bracketing
How to Cite This Entry
CMW S21, “ 斜栱 xiégǒng” in Architectura Sinica last modified April 18, 2021, https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000148.
Bibliography:CMW S21, “ 斜栱 xiégǒng.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published March 20, 2021. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000148.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 斜栱 xiégǒng
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- ZHUGE Jing 諸葛净, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- CMW S21, entry contributor, “ 斜栱 xiégǒng”
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Data entry, adding citations and gloss 2021 by MIAO Tongxi 繆彤茜
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2021.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.