- miao (Pinyin without tones)
- 廟 (Traditional Chinese)
- 庙 (Simplified Chinese)
- miào (Pinyin)
- miao (Wade-Giles)
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 GUO. 2002. A Visual Dictionary of Chinese Architecture, 58.; MILLER. 2007. The Divine Nature of Power: Chinese Ritual Architecture at the Sacred Site of Jinci, 88.; KROLL. 2015. A Student's Dictionary of Classical and Medieval Chinese, 307.
External relationships (42)
16. Great Temple
20. Hutu Temple
21. Jidu Temple
How to Cite This Entry
CMW S21, “ 廟 miào” in Architectura Sinica last modified March 4, 2021, https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000083.
Bibliography:CMW S21, “ 廟 miào.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000083.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 廟 miào
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- ZHUGE Jing 諸葛净, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- CMW S21, entry contributor, “ 廟 miào”
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Adding citation information and gloss 2021 by Sarah Brooker
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2018.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.