- ge (Pinyin without tones)
- 閣 (Traditional Chinese)
- 阁 (Simplified Chinese)
- gé (Pinyin)
- ko (Wade-Giles)
pavilion, usually with a balustrade or railing; a raised passageway, similar to 棧道 zhandao (Fu 2017, 356; Kroll 2015, 131); in practice often interchangeable with the 樓 lou (tower), and often used with lou in compounds to mean a multi-story structure, see: 樓閣 louge1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 FU. 2017. Traditional Chinese Architecture: Twelve Essays, 356.; KROLL. 2015. A Student's Dictionary of Classical and Medieval Chinese, 131.
External relationships (6)
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:CMW S21, “ 閣 gé.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000078.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 閣 gé
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- ZHUGE Jing 諸葛净, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- CMW S21, entry contributor, “ 閣 gé”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Tracy Miller
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Adding citation information and gloss 2021 by ZOU Yuyang 鄒宇洋
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.